Have you ever wanted to increment large number of numbers in bulks?
Let’s say you have hundreds or even thousands of strings called <string>0</string>. But you don’t want to go through each line and manually update the strings <string>0</string>, <string>1</string>, <string>2</string> and so on. That would be ludicrous and SO unbelievably cumbersome.
Here’s how to do it:
- Using Sublime Text 3 install the plugin:
- Tools > Install Package Controls
- Tools > Command Palette > Install Package > TextPastry
- Rename <string>0</string> til <string>null</string>
- Select the first instance of null
- Select all occurrences of null with this shortcut: ctrl+cmd+G
- Open Text Pastry (alt+cmd+N)
- Enter this command: \i(0,1). That will replace all occurrences of null with numbers starting from 0 and increment with 1.